Book by April 30 for $499 Air
from Major Canadian Cities on Select Dates!
Some Departure Dates Still Available in 2019
During the 75th Anniversary Year of the DDay Landings in Normandy
9-Day River Cruise Paris-Paris
Northbound or Southbound Itineraries on France's Seine River
From $ CDN 3549 pp
Single Supplement May be Waived on Select Sailings
** ASK US ABOUT AVAILABLE 2019 DEPARTURE DATES
and ADDITIONAL DAYS IN PARIS
2019 Northbound Dates with Special Offers:
- May 14 – Air Offer; Single Supplement Waived
- June 25 - Air Offer; Single Supplement Waived
- September 17 – Air Offer
2019 Southbound Dates with Special Offers:
- May 20 – Air Offer; Single Supplement Waived
- July 01 – Air Offer; Single Supplement Waived
- August 12 – Air Offer; Single Supplement Waived
- September 23 – Air Offer
Cruise Itinerary Northbound (Southbound Itinerary is Similar in Reverse)
(B) = Breakfast (L) = Lunch (D) = Dinner
PARIS, FRANCE (EMBARKATION)
Bienvenue en France! Your Suite Ship® is Ready for Boarding.
Flights into Paris must arrive by 2:30 pm.
Guests must be on board ship by 5 pm.
Your day is free to explore the world’s most romantic city before embarking on your cruise on the Seine. Get acquainted with the City of Lights today with some shopping, strolling, or with a croissant and café au lait to watch the world go by amid the Parisian cityscape.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN PARIS
(B, L, D)
Cafés, Cathedrals, and Canvases—The City of Lights Truly Shines
Take a Guided Walking Tour through the Heart of Paris to see the historic Île St. Louis, Île de la Cité, and Notre-Dame Cathedral, OR:
Join a Guided City Tour, that shows you the iconic sites of Paris, such as the Louvre Museum, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, Opéra Garnier, and the famous Champs-Élysées.
Stroll through Paris on your own, or linger over wine in a literary café on the Left Bank.
You may join a Guided Optional Excursion to the Palace of Versailles—home to a succession of French Kings, including Louis XIV. Meet your ship in Courbevoie after your tour of the palace.
EVENING CRUISE TO CONFLANS
(B, L, D)
Walk in the Footsteps of Van Gogh and Bonaparte
Go for an early Morning Jog with your Avalon Adventure Host.
Join a Guided Tour of Auvers-sur-Oise, and walk in the footsteps of Vincent van Gogh, who lived, worked, and is buried here. See the landscapes and village scenes captured in his paintings, OR:
Take a Guided tour of the opulent Château de Malmaison—home of Napoléon Bonaparte and his wife Josephine.
Enjoy an afternoon sailing to Vernon. This evening, enjoy onboard live entertainment after dinner.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN VERNON
(B, L, D)
Monet’s Muses, Castle Courtyards, and Crêpes du Jour
Take a Guided Tour of Giverny, home and inspiration of the master impressionist painter Claude Monet. Walk the grounds and see Monet’s charming residence, and the flower and water gardens captured in his masterpieces, OR:
Join a Guided Visit to Bizy Castle—“Normandy’s Versailles”—with its magnificent courtyard, water garden, and stables.
While sailing, enjoy a traditional French luncheon of authentic French crêpes, followed by a Pastry Demonstration.
This afternoon, enjoy a beautiful cruise to the picturesque town of Les Andelys.
Serenity on the Seine’s Most Beautiful Riverbends
Take a Guided Walking Tour of Les Andelys—one of France’s most picturesque spots on the Seine. Visit the Saint Sauveur’s Church of Le Petit Andely, OR:
Join a Guided Hike up to the castle ruins of Château Gaillard—historic home of King Richard the Lionheart and a masterpiece of medieval military architecture.
EVENING CRUISE TO ROUEN
(B, L, D)
The Cathedral of Notre-Dame, and a Heroine for France
Take a Guided Walking Tour of Rouen—home of the martyred Saint Joan of Arc—and see the medieval quarter with its 16th-century Astronomical Clock, and Notre-Dame Cathedral.
Join your Avalon Adventure Host for a Morning Walk.
Later, enjoy live entertainment on board your ship.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN ROUEN
(B, L, D)
CAUDEBEC. EXCURSION TO NORMANDY
Heroic Bravery on Normandy Beaches and French Farming Traditions
Join a Guided Visit to the WWII landing beaches of Normandy. Take a full-day tour of significant U.S. sites, including Omaha Beach, the Pointe du Hoc monument, and the American Cemetery, OR:
Take a full-day Guided Tour of the British and Canadian commemorative sites, including the British cemetery, Pegasus Memorial, the seaside town of Arromanches, the Juno Beach Center, and the Bény-sur-Mer Canadian War Cemetery, OR:
Join “A Taste of Normandy” Guided Tour for an in-depth look at this rich agricultural region. See the famous Bayeux Tapestry, visit the beautiful village of Beuvron en Auge and taste Calvados apple brandy at a local distillery.
AFTERNOON/OVERNIGHT CRUISE TO LE HAVRE
(B, L, D)
20th Century Architecture and White Cliffs of Normandy
Take a Guided Tour to Le Havre and discover the modern architecture of its city center, rebuilt by Auguste Perret and part of the World Heritage of Humanity.
This afternoon, you may choose a Guided Optional Excursion to visit the old seaside town of Honfleur. With its 16th- to 18th-century townhouses, half-timber houses, and cobbled streets, Honfleur inspired the works of master artists Monet and Boudin.
Alternatively, you might take a Guided Optional Excursion to see the white-chalk cliffs and arches of the oceanside town of Étretat—an attraction for classic artists, writers, and filmmakers.
OVERNIGHT DOCKING IN LE HAVRE
LE HAVRE (DISEMBARKATION)–PARIS
Au Revoir, River Seine. Bonjour, Paris!
Bid farewell to your ship’s crew and take a transfer to Paris. Take time to linger in a sidewalk café, shop for mementos, or take photographs of the city’s picturesque bridges.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
WHY AVALON for your Journey to Normandy and the Juno Beach Centre?
Avalon has designed included activities with a choice of experiences. We invite you to select the tours, activities, and events that interest you most, so you can experience your cruise your way. There are 3 types of included shore excursion on every Europe cruise:
Your local expert is ready to guide you through the history and heritage of local destinations. You’ll marvel at the legends, lore, and spectacular architecture of iconic and historic sites.
We’ve found inspiring and interactive activities to speak to your interests - from cooking classes, to painting workshops - to immerse yourself in each culture you explore.
Embark on energetic excursions to keep you in motion and on the go - from a guided jogging tour of Amsterdam, to biking, paddling, and hiking your way through scenic locales.
- Plus independent exploration options and use of our exclusive AvalonGO APP.
YOUR SHIP: Tapestry II
The Avalon Tapestry II is a true haven on the river - two full decks of Panorama SuitesSM with Wall-to-Wall Panoramic Windows that transform the living space into a unique Open-Air BalconySM. With 200 square feet, Panorama Suites are more than 30% larger than the industry standard, giving you the rare opportunity to wake each morning to enchanting scenery and fresh breezes. Onboard amenities and services include complimentary computer use in public areas and free Wi-Fi access, a Fitness Center with state-of-the-art equipment, an elevator, and a spacious Sky Deck with shade system, whirlpool, deck games, and the delightful Sky Bistro for al-fresco lunches of light grill fare.
Throughout the Ship:
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Panoramic windows
- Elegant, contemporary design & decor
- Friendly, English-speaking crew & Cruise Director
- Sky Deck with whirlpool, shade awnings, game area and premium lounges
- Covered Observation Lounge
- Club Lounge with 24-hour self-serve beverage station with complimentary cappuccinos, lattes, tea, hot chocolate & premium coffees, as well as treats throughout the day
Suites & Staterooms:
- Comfort Collection BedsSM with choice of mattress firmness
- Egyptian super-combed cotton linens
- Bathrobes & slippers
- Premium L'Occitane bath products
- Large bathroom featuring shower with glass door
- Flatscreen satellite TV with free movie channels
- Individual climate control and in-room safe
- Complimentary bottled water daily
- And, much more.
- FlexDiningSM for more venue and seating options, including flexible seating times in our main Dining Room
- Avalon FreshSM healthy cuisine options at every meal
- Complimentary sparkling wine with breakfast; wine, beer, or soft drinks with every lunch and dinner
- Early and Late Riser breakfast options
- Daily full buffet breakfast with made-to-order egg station, hot and cold menu items
- Daily lunch buffet with pasta or carving stations
- Alternative light lunch or Sky Grill on the Sky Deck (weather permitting)
- Daily Afternoon Tea featuring tea, coffee, sweet treats & sandwiches
- Daily four-course a la carte dinner in the main Dining Room with choice of appetizers, soups, salads, entrees and desserts. Includes selections of regional recipes, Western dishes and vegetarian options.
- Alternative Panorama Bistro dinner, featuring regional specialties and small plates
- Captain’s welcome & farewell receptions and dinners with sparkling wine and canapés
- Panorama Lounge featuring premium spirits and Avalon specialty cocktails, along with local entertainment special guests
- Cocktails available on the Sky Deck
- Fresh fruit available throughout the day
Health & Fitness:
- Canoe, kayak and jogging excursions
- Maps for hiking, biking and jogging routes
- Fitness and wellness activities
- All through your Avalon Adventure HostSM
TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE:
Special Air Offer: Receive $ CDN 499 Air from select Canadian cities on select 2019 Avalon Waterways Europe cruises.*
*Book a select 2019 Avalon Europe river cruise to qualify for $499/person round-trip
economy class trans-Atlantic air from YYZ, YUL, YOW, YVR & YYC. Other
gateway cities available from $100 to $150/person additional (inclusive of
taxes/fees). $499 air will be based on the lowest available priced itinerary at
the time of air booking. Alternate schedules may be available at an additional
cost. Does not apply to intra-vacation air. Combinable with Repeat Traveller
benefit and select $600pp land promo only. Not applicable on Royal Suites.
Limited to new bookings for Canada originating travellers and economy class
Flex air tickets; must be booked & under land and air deposit between
December 19, 2018 and April 30, 2019 for travel on select cruise departures in
2019. Pre-assigned seating is limited and may not be available on all desired
travel dates. Offer does not apply to instant purchase air or Custom Tours. Not
applicable to groups. Once ticketed, air reservations subject to
change/cancellation penalties of between $300 per ticket and 100% of ticket
value. Changes to air reservations (including itineraries involving $499
round-trip trans-Atlantic air) subject to airfare differentials between
originally booked airline fare and re-booked air itinerary. Airline baggage
approximately 330 days prior to last travel date. Flight schedules, routings
and air carriers are at the discretion of Globus family of brands. Pre-assigned
seating may not be available on all air segments. Additional restrictions
apply; see Travel Terms for details. Air tickets are non-commissionable. Offer
may be withdrawn at any time. Offer available from participating GFOB offices
$238 are included.
Gratuities to Local Guides & Excursion Drivers are included.
Avalon may offer the opportunity for solo travelers to sail with no single supplement on certain departures (subject to availability).
Please call for single accommodation price. Triples not available.
Extra nights per person in Paris:
in single room from $400 to $550, in twin room from $237 to $312
All prices per person based on double occupancy. Cruise price based on Category E in a deluxe outside stateroom on Indigo Deck. See below for upgrade pricing.
To upgrade to a higher category, add per person:
Category / Decks / Price
D / Indigo Deck / $239
B / Sapphire Deck / $1249
A / Sapphire Deck / $1299
P / Royal Deck / $1499
Royal Suite / Royal Deck / $2499
Prices shown are 'starting at' prices and do not include airfare.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Avalon Waterways, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you and Avalon Waterways, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travellers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travellers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $250 per person per vacation is required for Avalon Waterways to reserve space for you. View full Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- Charges not included in the land vacation price: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; applicable cruise taxes, fees, fares and port charges; passports; visas and vaccinations; transfers; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ships' crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); additional excursions and activities not listed as 'included' in the itinerary; porterage at airports or train stations; Travel Insurance premiums; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
Our volume buying power saves you money. We may be able to provide you with flight arrangements from your gateway city. Avalon Waterways offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option.
Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the Canada and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional non-refundable air deposit ($300 per person) is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Avalon Waterways in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus $50 per person non-refundable service fee. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Avalon Waterways has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations — Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air inclusive price quotes will include all government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. The total airfare price, the base airfare price, and the applicable government taxes and fees are broken-out line-by-line and shown while booking online and on the invoice after your travel is booked. For return travel from some countries, international travellers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveller at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The “Starting at” or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per person based on twin occupancy and any applicable port charges, non-commissionable taxes and fees and intra-vacation flight are included in the price shown. Any included overnight stay in Canada, applicable GST/HST is also included in the price shown. International airfare, however, is not included. If price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s). Please review current promotions or deals for additional information.